Economic evidence plays a pivotal role in antitrust damages actions, especially in the analysis of causality and the quantification of damages. Our economists frequently act as expert witnesses in courts on behalf of claimants and defendants in antitrust litigation, both in standalone and follow-on damages actions.
Action for Damages
- Establish causality between the damage and the infringement of competition law
- Assess financial loss arising from competition law infringements
- Quantify damages
- Conduct econometric analysis of overcharge
- Invoke pass-on defense against damages claims
- Determine the appropriate but-for scenario (counterfactual market outcome)
- Prepare expert reports
- Testify before courts
- Critical assessment of opposing expert reports
- Preparation of affirmative and rebuttal expert reports
- Design settlement options
Do you need specialised advice?